Saturday, July 4, 2009

Catching Up to 4th of July.

Things have been happening pretty fast and I haven't posted for a while.

I had a week away from my job at the College and worked for four of those days at Survival Strategies where my good friend, Joe Lin, works permanently as a consultant. (They consult physical therapists and help them expand their practices.) The business is owned and run by Craig Fererra who I worked with many years ago when we were both in the Apollo Troupe, Craig as a musician in the Apollo Stars and myself as a Apollo Show Dancer to the fabulous music of the Apollo Stars. I had forgotten what a really pleasant person Craig is. I worked as a trainer to cover a special situation for him for four days.

Back at the College again I found that I had really been missed by my students and the other staff and they made it clear they were very happy that I was back.

I managed to help my dear friend Katie Botha get her laptop computer playing videos successfully again and she was very grateful for that.

I had a very enjoyable dinner with my good friend Sue Zenger at Outback Steakhouse and went to dinner at another good friend's place, Suesan Walker. I also did a very effective assist on Suesan's daughter-in-law, Kyla, after she badly injured her neck.

We had yesterday, Friday and today, Saturday 4th July, off from the College so yesterday, July 3, I spent a few hours at the beach and then last night was the first of the four weekly-celebrations of the Anniversary of the launching of our beautiful ship, Freewinds. I went with my special friend, Joe Lin, and it was a wonderful celebration event.

Today 4th July, the anniversary of the founding of this wonderful country, I went for a 2 hour walk along the Los Angeles river bank and then to a 4th of July BBQ for members of New Era Seniors Inc (NESI) - great food and fun company. Then tonight I went to dinner again at Suesan's place with her and her son, Morgan and his wife Kyla - we watched the 4th July fireworks display by Burbank City from a high balcony at her apartment building - a very nice meal and company and evening.

That brings things right up to the present.

Love,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment