Hi again all,
I just posted yesterday and included the data on the New Era Seniors Inc (NESI) Independence Day BBQ at Sandra and Bill Baikie's home in Torrence - (what a great feast - amazing amounts of wonderful food of all varieties - thanks so much Sandra and Bill!) and I included the wonderful evening meal at Suesan Walker's place with the fireworks watching afterward.
The next day, Sunday 5th July 2009 was another beautiful day so I set out south on the I-5 Freeway and made it to Dana Point, where I had last left off my journey up the California coast.
I had a great look around Capistrano Beach and Dana Point and then headed north up the coast through beautiful State beaches to Laguna Beach (beautiful place - lots of great photographs) and the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park and eventually arrived at Corona del Mar (Crown of the Sea) where I had ended my journey southward several months ago.
(That joined up my southerly trips with my northerly trips and completed my entire journey up the California coast from the Mexican border all the way to the Palas Verde Peninsula, just south of LAX, the Los Angeles International Airport.)
I continued on north from Corona del Mar through Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Sunset Beach all of which I had explored earlier on my trips south. I stopped off for a bit of sunbathing at Alamitos beach in the city of Long Beach and then packed up the trusty Volvo wagon and headed home across the two big bridges over Long Beach harbor and in 30 minutes on the 110 Freeway I was back here - home.
(Future coastal trips will be north from Los Angeles towards Canada rather than south of Los Angeles towards Mexico.)
I cleaned up, made a dinner of New Zealand, wild caught hoki fish with vegetables followed by fresh fruit salad and then I made my weekly call on my friend Katie Botha - what a delight!
Until next post...
Love,
Barry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment