Here we go and another week is over.
I routed in as a full staff member of Hubbard College this week and that was very exciting. I'm no longer just a hire-in.
The annual summer events held the 3rd Saturday night event - all about the adventures of L. Ron Hubbard in his search for "life force" - a wonderful event!
Sunday I set off about lunch time and headed directly by freeway to Santa Monica beach where I left off my coastal adventure last Sunday. From Santa Manica I headed north on the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) and visited the following places: Will Rogers State Beach, Malibu Beach with all its wonderful seaside seafood restaurants and "27 miles of scenic beauty", Malibu Lagoon State Beach, Malibu Cove, Paradise Cove, Zuma Beach, Point Dume State Beach, El Matadore State Beach, La Piedra State Beach, El Pescadore State Beach, Nicholas Canyon County Beach and Leo Carrillo State Beach.
These beaches north of Santa Monica tend to be different than those further south on the California coast. They are smaller beaches between rocky outcrops that seperate them and are much narrower. The beaches south go on and on unbroken and have huge widths of sand between sea and civilization.
At this point on my trip I crossed out of Los Angeles County and into Ventura County and came to Yerba, Deer Creek Road Beach, Sycamore Cove, Thornhill Broome Beach, Point Mugu Naval Base (I stopped to get photos of a wonderful display of Naval planes and rockets), Hueneme Beach where the Hueneme area is filled with miles and miles of vegetable farms, and finally Oxnard Beach in the city of Oxnard. There is a wonderful marina and harbor here on a big U-shaped shoreline.
(Along the way north - about half way to Oxnard, I was amazed at a huge sand dune on the opposite side of the coast road from the sea. It was a mountain of sand so big that people who had braved the sliding-climb to the top looked like little dots.)
After a good look around Oxnard I made my way back to Santa Monica and the freeway back home - feeling once again extroverted and ready for another week.
Love,
Barry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment