Sunday, July 26, 2009

North to Carpentaria

Here we are and it's Sunday again so off I went north by the 101 Hollywood/Ventura Freeway as far as Oxnard where I had ended up last Sunday. I headed off the Freeway for the Pacific Coast Highway and made my way further north past more State Beaches and the Channel Islands National Park to Ventura. I spent a good amount of time at the interesting Ventura Harbor Village and Ventura Beach and quickly checked out the State Beach, racetrack and fairgrounds before continuing further north past more State Beaches (State Beaches are the property of the State of California and have a entrance fee if you drive in) and crossed over into Santa Barbara County before making my planned destination of Carpentaria. It's been about 20 years since I have been this far north and Carpentaria Beach is a really nice beach as I remembered it. I soaked up some late sun there and then headed back all the way via the freeway rather than the Coast Highway to Oxnard - so the trip home only took 1 hour 45 minutes.

By the way I bought a bike! My good buddy, Joe, talked me into it so I can go bike riding with him. He told me I could get a new bike for $135 including tax but I was determined to pay under $100. I found a great new bike for $70 with a 10% discount for first purchase at that store - so it cost me only $63 plus tax - I walked out with a brand new bike having paid just under $70 including tax.

There are some future adventures to tell you about there!

Love,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment