Sunday, June 7, 2009

A great start to June 2009

Hi again all!

I had another great week teaching at the college and we had 12 student course-completions again - for the second week in a row!

Thursday night was a bit exciting as my car stopped on the way home from work and I just managed to pull in to an Auto-Zone store as it spluttered dead. I asked them to check the battery and it was totally flat. The guy noticed that the alternator belt was off the pulley-wheel! I had them recharge the battery and I drove it right to my mechanic and parked it outside his shop and put the keys through the door-slot and walked home. He put a new belt on first thing Friday morning and I was in time for work. Phew!

Friday night I did shopping for my friend Katie at the Kingsley home and then had a very pleasant visit with her. Katie helped me as much as I helped her!

Saturday after work at the college I went to dinner and a pleasant evening with my friend Suesan Walker, her son, Morgan, his wife, Kyla and Suesan's daughter, Wendy, down from Las Vegas with her husband, David and their son Logan. I took some wine and we had delicious ribs, vegetables, salad and corn-bread muffins, followed my mixed berries and chocolate-covered cream puffs. It was very yummy! Logan is a delight and we had a lot of fun with him.

Today, Sunday, I took off in my car in the morning and headed south on Interstate Freeway 5 and made for Carlsbad - the place I'd reached the previous trip traveling up the California coast from the Mexican boarder. I spent two hours in the sun on the beach at Carlsbad then checked out the pier and headed north again - to explore more of the coast.

I explored the lovely beach city of Oceanside, checked out San Clemente, toured all around the giant military base at Camp Pendleton and Del Mar Beach, Capistrano, San Onfre and made it as far as Dana Point.

I got lots of shots of flowers and birds (and a couple of trains) and some nice sunset shots. I'll start my next outing at Dana Point and work north further from there.

I'm looking forward to having lunch in the next day or so with my good friend Jackie who is here in Los Angeles for a while - from Florida.

Love,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment