Hi y'all,
Another week has gone by and it was a good one work-wise at the college with 11 student completions this week - so that's 35 completions in the last three weeks. Pretty cool! We also have another student from Taiwan and one from Iran.
I made my weekly shopping trip for, and visit to my dear friend Katie Botha at Kingsley Manor on Friday after work. Katie is a joy.
I didn't go on a trip this Sunday as we are having overcast weather here in LA - and it's only a week until Summer officially begins - very strange!
This week was the big change to digital TV. I don't watch much TV but do insist on having a workable TV set and I simply couldn't get my existing TV to work with the converter-box that was supposed to switch it smoothly over to be able to receive the new digital transmissions.
So I ended up buying a new TV - a nice 22 inch flat-screen with a built in DVD player in the side of the screen. That of course required a new antenna to pick up the digital broadcasts and the lot cost me more than I wanted to pay. I got it up and running and have a beautiful clear picture on 3 x the number of channels that I could pick up on the old set.
Then I moved the old set into my bedroom and persisted until I got it working with the converter box and I get beautiful clear reception there now too from as many stations as the new set gets.
Sunday afternoon I spent some time with my good buddy Joe Lin - we went food shopping at Whole Foods and then I rushed him home to watch the Los Angeles Lakers win the basket ball championship and I grabbed a quick meal and Sunday night went to a seminar on screen writing - which was really dynamite. Amazing good data from someone who has sold major motion picture scripts and has written for TV too. Boy - is he ever a funny guy - had us in fits of laughter.
More next week.
Love,
Barry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment