Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another Week

I had a great week last week.

Teaching at the college was very rewarding and we had our highest number of students completing courses since I began teaching there. ( We call it supervising students who are learning, rather than teaching them.) We are getting more and more students on almost a weekly basis now, which is a very good sign about the quality of the attention the students are getting. Julio from Columbia has completed all of his studies (we call it training) and is heading back to his home in Columbia, South America. He is a great guy and I will miss him - but hopefully he will stay in touch.

During the evenings I was sprucing up my apartment as my good friend, Jackie Kelly, from Florida is coming to California for a month to help her daughter here get a business going. I invited her to stay with me while here - however her son and daughter have claimed her instead. But I will be seeing her early next week and catching up on news. Her husband, Dan is keeping things going back in Florida while she is here. They are wonderful friends.

Saturday afternoon after work at the college I shopped for, and then visited, my wonderful friend, Katie Botha, in her pleasant room at Kingsley Manor. She is such a dear friend and we have such fun together. I took her the shopping and returned her ClearSound CD player which was being fixed and she was very happy about that. Now I need to help her get her DVD player repaired or replaced.

Sunday it was overcast and not worth a long trip away, so I stayed home and had a leisurely, enjoyable time and did some creative things - drawing and writing and reading and prepared for a new week.

Love,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment