Hello family members and friends,
It's been a very busy time for me! Lots of cards and greetings from various states and cities around the USA and from New Zealand, Australia, Russia, etc. Thank you all.
I had my Christmas dinner with my friend Joe on Christmas Eve and then spent a very lazy Christmas day sleeping, eating goodies and watching TV.
The following day I went to "The Americana at Brand" open-air mall to enjoy the festivities, watch the musical-fountains and take in the movie "Avatar". Avatar was breathtakingly beautiful and very exciting - one of the best movies ever in my view. Very highly recommended.
Sunday night the 27th, was the the premier of the 2010 New Years Eve Event for the millions of people in the international Scientology communities. It was being filmed for replay in countries around the world on New Years Eve. It was spectacular and the venue for the release of all the remaining L. Ron Hubbard lectures - hundreds of them - recovered, restored to delete all sound imperfections from the anciet recordings and digitalized. Plus translated into 15 languages. An absolutely amazing feat that has taken 10 years to prepare yet they can now be turned out at the rate of a million per week. Now all original L. Ron Hubbard research findings are available to all people of Earth.
Although Hubbard College International was closed between Christmas and New Year for students, we faculty and staff members worked - or rather studied. I had the responsibility of supervising all the others through the new state laws that apply as we prepare for full accreditation. On my feet from 9 am to 9 pm for those days on end was very tiring but I accomplished it.
New Years Eve I watched on TV as the new decade arrived all around the world and on New Years Day I watched the wonderful, world-famous Rose Parade.
The following day I went to see the musical movie "Nine" expecting to enjoy it as much as I did the earlier one "Mama Mia". Alas, I was very dissapointed! "Nine" was as as downtone and down-pulling as "Mama Mia" was uptone and uplifting. "Nine was also cut in that broken style of past and present and past again and then present and past again - that made it frustrating. Not recommended viewing!
Saturday I spent, getting a new tire for my car, doing my organic food shopping from various places and doing a big laundry. I also took a nice long newsy phone call from my sister in New Zealand. All the family members there are doing well.
Sunday, today, I drove up to Griffith Park, found a parking place and hiked up to the Griffith Observatory - saw the telescope, planetarium, planetary exhibits and took photos of the snow on the distant mountains and of the skyscrapers of Los Angeles city on the planes below the observatory. I hiked back down to the car and drove through lovely Griffith Park on this beautiful warm, sunny winter day.
Tonight I have done some study and watched a bit of TV and am now ready for a good nights sleep before heading back to the college tomorrow for the first day of the new year. It will be great to see all my wonderful students again.
Happy New Year to all!
Love,
Barry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment