Wow! I'm still recovering!! Four days of birthday celebration.
Friday, October 30, the staff at Hubbard College surprised me with a big early birthday chocolate cake and that night my friend Sue Z. took me to delicious dinner at Outback Steakhouse. We had a very enjoyable time.
The next day was Halloween, 31 October, I set out at 10:30 pm to the huge Halloween block-party on Santa Monica Boulevard in Hollywood. By 11:30 I had found parking and made my way to the huge celebration - Santa Monica Blvd from La Cieniga Blvd to Robertson was closed to traffic and filled with thousands of people in amazing costumes. I walked down one side of the divided Boulevard and as I turned to walk back the other way it turned midnight and became my birthday - November 1st (all Saints Day) - so there I was at a huge costume party for my birthday!!!
Later on that day of Nov 1st, my friend Suesan W. had me over to her place for a wonderful birthday brunch. It was so enjoyable.
Still later in the day I went for an energetic bike ride and then soaked in some sunshine.
The following night, tonight, Monday November 2nd, my friend Joe L. returned from a business trip and took me for a great dinner at Mimi's. Another very enjoyable time.
I had emails and phone calls from family in New Zealand and Australia, a lovely e-card from a friend in Russia, a call from my ex-room mate and his family in Arizona (originally Argentina - he has a 5 year old son now) and from other local friends here in Los Angeles and near-by areas.
Got nice cards and gifts - a really wonderful birthday and wonderful friends and family members. Thanks so much to all!
Love,
Barry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment