I set off the morning of Sunday May 17, 2009, at 9:30 am - going on the Interstate 5 Freeway South, then took the 605 West to Seal Beach which is where I had left my coastal adventure the previous Sunday.
After I left the freeway, can you believe it, I drove by a park where there was a cricket game in progress - a very rare happening here in the USA - so of course I had to stop and take photographs.
Then I continued south on my tour of the Southern California Beach Cities - Seal Beach, Manhattan Beach, Sunset Beach, Balsa Roca and its State Beach (also walked the adjacent Balsa Roca Nature Reserve and saw a rattle snake), Huntington Beach, Balboa (and drove over to Balboa Island - crazy slow traffic), Newport Beach (very classy) and finally Corona Del Mar (Crown of the Sea) where there was another nature reserve at the beach and I took photos of nesting Pelicans.
It's interesting that it's almost like one huge, long, wide beach all the way down the coast and each city builds a rock breakwater out into the ocean to mark where their beach begins and then another to mark where it ends. It's almost unbelievable the huge expanse of beautiful quality sand - it just goes on and on and on for mile after mile after mile.
Beautiful beach homes back onto the beaches and almost all of these Beach Cities have a pier going out into the water with stores and restaurants etc and of course I had to stop and walk all the piers just in case I might have missed something interesting.
I walked around two arts and crafts fairs on the way down also.
I took a lot of photos of beautiful flowers and wonderful houses too.
I finally was so tired I turned towards home at 6:05 pm and found the I. 5 Freeway much further south and had a good fast run home and was back here by 7:40 pm last night.
I made dinner, did some study, had a happy talk on the phone with my friend Sue Zenger and went to bed.
So the cobwebs are blown and I'm ready for another week's work.
Love,
Barry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment