Thursday, November 4, 2010

October 15th, 2010 through November 3 2010

Hello again folks!

The first week from 15th October 2010 went along routinely - supervising at the dental office in Artesia on Friday and then a bike ride and a couple hours of sun before having dinner with friend Jackie. No bike ride and sun on Saturday due to rain and on Sunday some pleasant hours and a meal with friend Joe. Monday I had no work but Tuesday 19, Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 I supervised at down town Los Angeles Media Medical Mall and then Friday 22 October at Artesia dental clinic again and dinner with Jackie.

Saturday I got in a bike ride and some sun and then in the evening went to the International Association of Scientologists 26th Anniversary Celebration. - (Amazing progress into society including two major drug companies abandoning all psychiatric drugs, dozens of psych facilities closed down and scores of psychs jailed for crimes against their patients.)

Sunday I had time with Joe again who was just back from Las Vegas with his girlfriend , Vivian.

No work Monday, October 25th so another bike ride, weight exercises and time in the sun. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were duplicate days of the previous week. Saturday was overcast so I worked at home on the new eBook for the website. Sunday was time with Joe who took me out to lunch for my birthday coming up the following day.

The Sunday, Oct 31 Halloween day - bike ride so at 10:00 pm I drove to the huge Hollywood Halloween block party and successfully postulated into existence a parking space amongst the thousands of cars and hundreds of others unsuccessfully searching for a place to park. I joined the tens of thousands of others there. I simply wore black trousers and a bright red jacket as Halloween colors but I was stopped on two occasions by two different pleasant young guys who wanted to know who I was dressed as. As it wasn't as anyone at all except myself I asked them who they thought I was being. The first one said, "Mr Rogers from the kids TV show" and the second one decided "Woolverine from the movie". I told each of them that they were correct and they went on, very happy with their skill at guessing! It was a wild, wild party with unbelievable costumes - some very beautiful and some really horrible as appropriate for Halloween.

I decided I would know when it was about to turn midnight and become my birthday and I "just happened" to glance at my watch at 11:59 pm on the last minute of October 2010 and saw the month turn over to November - and there I was at this huge party with thousands of people having fun for my birthday!!!!

I got home and to bed about 4:00 am and slept late and as it was a beautiful sunny day I did a bike ride and spent some time at the beach. When I checked my e-mail I had dozens of emails birthday greeting from family members and friends - I was quite amazed at the quantity of them. I had some special phone messages also from Romy and GAry (whoes birthday is the same day as mine, from my sister Maureen in New Zealand and from my dear friend and ex-room mate, Marcelo and his family. Very nice - thank you all so much.

Tuesday November 2 was a normal work day supervising students at the medical center and today Wednesday 3rd I held a graduation lunch for them. Lots of preparation time and a very enjoyable high-toned lunch and presentation of certificates to those who had completed courses.

Tonight I completed a difficult (for me) illustration for the Out-of-Body Experiences eBook and I have only one more to do now - the most difficult of all - and then I can start putting the book together and get it up on the website.

That brings us up to date so I'll get back to you all in a week or two.

Love,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment